Front doors can add a lot to your home’s curb appeal. Its style and color should match with the theme of your whole home, though, especially if you want everything to look organized. The front door is one of the focal points of your house, which is why you should make sure that it looks amazing at all times.
Here, we will discuss a couple of things that you should consider when it comes to painting your doors, as well as your residential windows in Salt Lake City.
Plan for It
Anything unplanned often becomes a disaster. Make sure to plan your painting project before actually acting on it. First, make sure that the door is completely removed from the frame. Remove any type of hardware as well, such as the doorknob, handle, and peephole.
Next, buy a primer and a can or two of your chosen paint. Brushes are also a must, as rollers do not have the same level of surface application. You might want to consider hiring a professional if you are unfamiliar about the whole process.
Picking a Color
One of the hardest yet most important decisions when it comes to repainting is choosing the right type of color and paint. You would want it to match and compliment your home and windows, so you can have an attractive curb appeal.
You have a lot of options including the following:
- Deep Red – This is a classic option for brick or gray houses.
- Bright Turquoise – This bright yet unique color works best with white or gray hues.
- Black – One of the most common yet beautiful colors for doors, this color gives a sleek yet elegant vibe.
- Green – This is ideal if you want a welcoming and warm color.
- Pastel hues – This adds a pop of color that’s not too loud.
- Bright Colors – These include yellow, orange, pink, bright red, and lime green, which help eliminate negative energy and add a touch of fun energy.
- Rusty Orange – This best compliments homes with wood siding and water features. It’s a warm color that’s inviting.
- Neutral Colors – If you want to be on the safe side, then go for neutral colors such as white, beige, and gray. These will look amazing on any other color.
Choose the Right Decor
Once your door is all freshly painted, it is time to choose the decorations. Make sure that these will fit the whole look of your home. Wreaths, floral decors, and burlaps are great choices when it comes to door decors. Pennant flags and door knockers also look amazing, especially if you want to give your home a unique vibe. What’s more, they’re functional and you have a lot of options to choose from.
Make sure to keep your door properly maintained after having it repainted, so the paint will last for a long time. Keep it clean and free from outside factors at all times so you can be sure that your door will look amazing for a long time!